Lindsay and I both share the love of Tortilla Soup, but whenever I make it, I am always handicapped by the cutting of the onions. But not anymore! I used them tonight, and they worked like a charm. I'm not going to lie, I have been known to sport my swimming goggles while chopping, but I think that these have decreased the chance of a severed finger in my kitchen.
(the onions view. mu haha)
Thank you, Lindsay, I miss you guys so much.
In celebration of good friends and fall weather, here is the Tortilla soup recipe:
- 1 tsp. butter
- 4 cups diced tomatoes
- 1.5 cup yellow onion
- 2 Tbl cumin
- 1.5 Tbl salt
- 1 Tbl garlic
- 2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. white pepper
- 1 gallon chicken broth
- 4 cup cooked, pulled chicken breast
- Saute onions & butter in a large sauce pan until onions start to clear
- Add all of the other ingredients excluding the both and chicken, and saute for 3 minutes
- Meanwhile, put broth and chicken in stock pot
- Add the sautéed mixture to stock pot
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer and serve with sour cream, cheese and tortilla chips
Wal-ah, happy cooking!