Thursday, January 29, 2009

Coming Home


Last month, one of my dear sweet friends moved back to Oklahoma after being gone for a year, living a schedule that was impossibly opposite of mine. And even though she's still 2 hours away, my heart feels more like I'm at home, having her more accessible in my life.

Husband and I made the journey to go see her and her family a couple of weeks ago, and had a grand time meeting their new home, and exploring the whole foods down the street. Completely jealous I am. Love the store. Please, Whole Foods, come and reside in Oklahoma City. I want you, I need you.

I want to start posting some pictures of things that i love, so here it goes. One of the things I love the most about my sweet friend is her creativity, and love of novelty. We had fun seeing all the different types of lettuce, rice, granola. I'm sure all of the earthy people thought we were crazy, like we had never seen fresh rutabaga before. But my most favorite thing we found were these itty bitty little apples at WF, and even though they were ridiculously expensive, couldn't resist buying them. Aren't they just the cutest thing???

1 comment:

  1. don't be too fooled by whole foods, industrail organic can be just as unsustainable as conventional farming. i'm sorry, i just have to say those things sometimes i'm not trying to burst your whole foods bubble.

    ReplyDelete