Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Defeat.

Today, I'm feeling defeated. I think it's most likely because I ate five chocolate chip cookies for dinner. 

Or because it is just one of those seasons of struggle. I know in my brain that I am so crazy blessed. But my heart feels unrested. And then I feel guilty because there are people out there who have true struggles- like how to put food on the table for their families. 

As I start these 40 days of lent, I want to try to be more positive. So everyday I am going to say something I am truly thankful for that day and build on it.

Today I am thankful for: a healthy pup. Pete is on meds and back to his sweet self.

3 comments:

  1. Hey girl -
    You are so not alone. I am feeling the same exact way these days. What's funny is I look at you and wish I had what you have - a job that you're good at, a second job that you're good at and passionate about. But I guess that's the way it goes. We always want something more, regardless of what we have (speaking to myself here:). I know I have a lot to be thankful for as well, but sometimes I just feel so aimless.

    Anyway, I love you and I hope you feel better today! Can't wait until tomorrow night:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candice-- Thanks for the encouragement. It's hard to admit these things sometimes to the internet world. You have that part of you that wants to be real and genuine and talk about how you feel, but then also that part that is scared that people will think you're a complainer or not want to continue to follow you because you're a downer.

    Anyhoo, there are so many things I admire about you, too-- so I suppose the grass is always greener on the other side. Love you, excited to see you tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true - I always feel that need for balance on my blog, but I think it's always good to be real as much as possible. I think you do a great job of finding that balance here. And by the way - I don't know how long you've had your new header, but I'm loving it:)

    ReplyDelete