Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Chips and Coca-Cola for Breakfast

I am so tired today. The kind of tired that makes you have a horrible perspective on life, the kind of tired that makes you believe that something catastrophically bad is going to happen today, and you're just waiting to get smacked by a bus. But you might not be that sad if you got smacked by a bus because you would probably get knocked out or at least put on some pain meds, and you would then get to sleep.

It's the kind of tired that makes you realize that you have too much on your plate, and you miss getting to do what you love. Right now, I just want to do something creative. And not "make a logo" type creative, but slathering some acrylic paint on a brush, and pouring out my feelings onto a canvas, a piece of art that is created solely for me, not to be critiqued or changed by anyone else.

But instead, I will slowly remove the things from my plate, and that blank canvas will have to remain in the back of the closet for a couple of weeks, I just hope that I will still have the urge to record upon it at that time. So for now, I'll make myself feel better by eating Doritos and Coca-cola for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment